Friday, April 15, 2011

A day in the life of the backyard

Compliments of guest blogger Rick:

I mowed the back yard today, so it got done before the rain this afternoon.  Surprisingly Mr. Goose wasn’t around, but Mrs. Goose was still on her nest. 




Then as I was mowing, I noticed Mr. Robin paying close attention to me, but when I looked in the nest I saw this guy…

…Mr. Sparrow!  Mr. and Mrs. Robin were nearby causing a ruckus, trying to get Mr. Sparrow to leave.

I then saw movement across the pond…
In addition to Mr. Duck, and Mr. Mallard, there was Mrs. Duck and Baby Duck, and Baby Duck, and Baby Duck, and Baby Duck, and Baby Duck, and Baby Duck, and Baby Duck, and Baby Duck!



The Duck family swam across the pond, then climbed out, walking home….

Also seen were Mr. Kingfisher, Mr. Heron, and Mr. Muskrat, and Mr. Wentworth.

Mr. Cooper stayed inside.         

No comments:

Post a Comment