Saturday, March 12, 2011

Blue Ridge Beauty

I'm making progress on my Blue Ridge Beauty quilt.  This started as a quilt that I worked on a bit at a time as I wanted a project that didn't take planning or thinking.  It recently got to a point of being almost done.  Since I'm getting ready to teach a scrap class, this was a perfect example to use.  I finished the rest of the bocks last week.  Last night, I arranged it on the floor of the bedroom.  It's way too big for the design wall and too big to lay out on the queen sized bed.

I turned row 2 onto row one, then carefully stacked up each row.

The rows were stacked on top of each other.  This whole stack went into a plastic shoe box.  With the quilt blocks stacked this way, I'll be able to sew the entire quilt together without laying it out again or getting up and down.  I love this method of assembling quilt tops.

Today, I sewed the quilt top into rows.  I did lay it out again just to make sure I didn't accidentally turn a block.  The rows are all connected to each other.  This is one piece!

Next I will sew the rows together and then press the top.  I haven't decided yet what I'm going to do for borders.